Now that you have set your S.M.A.R.T. goals, you now have a target that your program design will be based on. We are going put your S.M.A.R.T. goals into action by creating a new program in which you’ll be able to achieve your fitness and/or activity goals. Here we are going to design the program using your S.M.A.R.T. goals and creating all the categories of the complete program, in the next blog post we’ll create the actually training program.
There are three main components in program design:
- Macrocycle – the entire program overview which is what we are doing in this post.
- Mesocycle – 3 to 6 week period of the macrocycle.
- Microcycle – each week of the mesocycle.
In next coming posts we will be building the mesocycle and microcycle which will be a complete detailed program of setting your S.M.A.R.T. goals.
Lets say you want to be able to lose 20 pounds body fat, squat 225 pounds for one repetition, run one mile in five minutes feeling great and be able to walk the monkey bars with your kids 3 times back and forth in six months time. Well here we have created excellent both gym and activities goals, a complete package for your amazing new body! On your way to becoming a new warrior from deep inside your emotions, mind, soul and in your body embodiment! Now see yourself feeling when you have achieved this goal?! WOW this feels great!
Remember what we discussed in the last post you get to pick your own goals you really desire in your heart and it may be one or a few more, but no more than 4 goals because focus is very important. In this post we are creating a few goals as an example so you get to see how to create a new program for yourself and keeping yourself accountable throughout the program from beginning to end.
All these goals we have set here interact together, the squat helps with your 1 mile run, losing body fat helps with your run, your run helps with your losing body fat, losing body fat helps you with the monkey bars performance, and most of all this will effect every other area in your life making you a better performing person. So this is going to be a really good program!
Lose 20 pounds body fat:
- Implement new good nutrition eating habits and create a simple healthy eating plan.
- Incorporate cardiovascular training, anaerobic and aerobic.
- Anaerobic is high intensity style cardio training where your heart rate is between 70% to 90% of your max heart rate, intervals training would be the best way here.
- Aerobic is low intensity cardio, where your heart rate is 60% to 80% of your max heart rate.
- If you really want to be able know your zones while performing your cardiovascular training you can use a heart rate monitor as a tool to measure, but it is not necessary.
- As a bonus this cardio program is going to improve your overall health and especially your heart health.
- Sleep 7 to 8 hours a day to keep a healthy hormonal balance in your body. If you are not getting enough sleep, it can raise your stress and cortisol levels which will prevent fat loss.
- Add some more muscle to your body to increase your basal metabolic rate. Increasing your muscle mass improves your resting metabolism adds which improves your body efficiency to burn fat when at rest. We are going to create a total body workout program here to cover all your muscle groups.
Squat 225 pounds for one repetition:
- Incorporate a squat specialization in this program. The squat is going to be the main lower body strength exercise.
Run one mile in five minutes feeling great:
- Running is the going to be the main focus of the cardio training in this program. We will incorporate other forms of cardio to cross train as that helps recovery and improves your running as well.
Walk the monkey bars with your kids 3 times back and forth:
- Incorporate time with your children at the park to walk the monkey bars, upper body strength and losing body fat. Here you get an opportunity to spend more time with your children to develop your skills and strength for walking the monkey bars.
- We will also be incorporating strength for your upper body in this program, pullup strength is going to be main upper body exercise that will need to be developed.
- Losing body fat from the first goal is going to serve well here so you’ll be lighter to better walk the monkey bars.
Affirmations and Meditation
We are also going to add affirmations and meditation in the program so you build a new mindset that will help you see yourself the way God sees you as. Creating new affirmations that will guide your mind in a healing, growing and expanding manner. Meditation is a powerful tool to quiet and reset your mind so you can start with a fresh new perspective in performing this program and everything else in your daily life including family and work.
We have discussed all the categories in your S.M.A.R.T. goals that we are going to expand upon in the next post in building an actual training program where you’ll build your new soul, mind and body!
Affirmation of The Week
” I am a loving divine light spreading love radiantly from inside me and to everyone and everywhere.”